Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I got news!!!

Not necessarily about makeup, but still news. My laptop came in, so now I can do more! For my blog and hopefully some tutorials. Eventually. Also I bought my IMATS ticket!!! I'm so excited. I mentioned the IMATS before but in case you did not click the link let me clue you in.
This is right from there web site:


 
"The International Make-Up Artist Trade Show is the make-up world’s biggest gathering. Thousands of make-up artists, vendors and enthusiasts discuss, display and collect the best the industry has to offer. Make-up pros from fashion and film (including Oscar, BAFTA and Saturn award winners) provide education and demonstrations at IMATS, and new products often debut there. IMATS also features a make-up museum and an Afterglow party, where trade-show guests can socialize.

Before IMATS, there were no trade shows specifically designed for make-up artists, although cosmetic companies had expressed a desire for such an event. In response, Make-Up Artist magazine publisher Michael Key held the first IMATS in August 1997 in Los Angeles. It allowed artists to customize what they wanted to see and it offered a diverse mix of products, demonstrations and education from industry leaders.

Like Make-Up Artist magazine, IMATS continues to educate and connect make-up artists from around the world. The show is held six times annually—in London in January; New York in April; Los Angeles in June; Vancouver, B.C. in July; Sydney in September and Toronto in November."


I loved the IMATS last year. Its the best, makeup galore, all the makeup you would never be able to use in a lifetime. All in one room, and mostly sold at discounted prices. I did not take a camera last year but I will this year so I can bring all the fabulousness back to you. There are you tube makeup gurus, and last year I bought an airbrush machine. I'm still working on using it to do my foundation, but it was there and discounted. Everything is out and available to touch and try, and there are also lots of new and upcoming companies and products. I feel anyone who loves makeup should go at least once. It will change your life.

Ok well one more thing:
I was at Nordstroms rack twice in the last two days with friends(two different ones if that makes a difference), and both times I came across these. Too Faced lock down eyeshadow. For only $5.95... Awesome. These work as an eyeshadow alone or as a colored base for your eyeshadow. They sell for $16. in the Too Faced website so if you live near a Nordstroms rack and have wanted to check these out. Get over there! I will do a review as soon as I have tested them out a bit.
OK, until next time........
Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment